Bilingual Education Assistant
Duties of the Position:
1. Assist English Learners with classroom instruction needs
2. Support English Learners in their English language acquisition
3. Assist the teacher(s) in preparation of assignments, including homework
4. Monitor student academic and behavioral progress
5. Effectively maintain accurate and complete records as assigned by teachers or administrators
6. Communicate the needs of students to teachers and administrators
7. Assist in lunchroom, hallway, playground, and bus supervision
8. Treat student and personnel information as confidential
9. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change to the demands of the job to meet the needs of the students
10. Other similar duties as assigned by teacher or building principal.
Special Skills Required: Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish, both orally and in writing
Degree/Special Training Required: High School Diploma (or equivalent).
7.5 hours/day, 7:30-3:30pm. School year only $16.52 per hour