English as a Second Language Teacher - Long Term Sub
ESL (English as a Second Language)Teachers shall be the liaison between school, parents and community agencies to develop cooperative working relationships, to interpret needs and programs, and to provide for additional resources for families that have students that are English Language Learners. ESL Teachers shall provide direct instruction to ELL (English Language Learners) students as appropriate.
Qualifications: ESL Teachers must be appropriately licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. ESL Teachers report to the building principal and the Director of Teaching and Learning.
1. Performs those activities listed in the district’s classroom teacher job description as appropriate and applicable.
2. Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English in the Core Curriculum Content Standards. Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements outlined in the state and federal law.
3. Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets, and allow English learners to meaningfully access the district’s instructional program.
4. Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition. Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
5. Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
6. Facilitates frequent and effective home-school communication by coordinating: conferences; written communication; parent trainings and other meetings/events.
7. Understands and complies with the policies, rules, and regulations regarding the English learners. Advocates for the program needs that are required to meet the learning needs of English learners.
8. Performs other duties as may be requested by principal or Director of Instructional Services.
Location: Sparta Meadowview Middle School.
Contact people: Kyla Manske Director of Instructional Services, Adam Dow Assistant Principal (email@example.com), Bob Sanders Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Fluent in Spanish preferred
* External candidates need to submit an application through WECAN. Must include a cover letter, resume, teaching licenses, all transcripts, and three letters of recommendations.