FOOD SERVICE FOREMAN: PERMANENT : FT MCCOY BRANCH
FOOD SERVICE FOREMAN: Regular Part Time (Permanent Position with Benefits)
As a Food Service Foreman, you will lead a team of passionate and knowledgeable Food Service Workers who strive to exceed customer expectations by focusing on extraordinary customer experiences. You are responsible for understanding sales goals, planning and executing daily/weekly workloads to deliver on department and store sales goals as well as customer engagement. You will create schedules that aligns with customer and business needs and lead a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management on critical service and engagement behaviors. You will quickly respond to and deescalate negative customer experiences and ensure that your team understands and is empowered to make things right for the best customers in the world.
We offer flexible scheduling, comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, shift differential/holiday pay, and a traditional pension and 401K plan to qualifying associates.
You’ll also have access to the base and its facilities and status as an employee of the DoD.
So what can you expect as a Food Service Foreman at the Exchange?
- Promote a positive team and customer centric culture
- Lead a culture of accountability through clear expectations
- Utilize business knowledge to understand, troubleshoot and follow-up on opportunity areas
- Ensure customers have an extraordinary experience while shopping
- Greet every customer with eye contact and smile in your authentic way
6 MONTHS OF RESTAURANT OR RELATED FOOD SERVICE OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE OR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF NBFF TRAINING OR THE EXCHANGE RESTAURANT OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT ACADEMY (ROMA). If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions
- Able to take initiative
- Able to share brand knowledge
- Able to lead teams to meet organizational objectives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- 6 months food supervisory experience required
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE PREFERRRED; PREFERRED SERVE SAFE CERTIFIED BUT CAN BE TRAINED AND CERTIFIED THROUGH AAFES; FLEXIBILITY WITH HOURS AND SCHEDULES; DEPENDABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY; SUPERVISE STAFF IN A RESPECTABLE MANNER;
PHYSICALLY CAPABLE OF WORKING IN A FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT. STANDING MOSTLY AND MUST ENJOY WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A DEPENDABLE ASSOCIATE WHO IS A LEADER AND PASSIONATE ABOUT SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: ACTIVE, STANDING & WALKING, OCCASIONAL LIGHT TO MODERATE LIFTING OR MOVING OBJECTS WEIGHING UP TO 50 POUNDS. SUPERVISION OF FOOD SERVICE WORKERS.
SALARY RANGE: Crafts & Trades (Wage schedule set by DOD): Negotiable only up to step 2 based on qualifications and experience
Max $ 19.60