Cook Leader NL-08
This position is located at McCoy's Community Center, Fort McCoy, WI.
McCoy's Community Center is the central hub of activity at Fort McCoy. This large facility includes Dining Operations, Sports Bar, Bowling Center, Recreation and Leisure Activities and Conference and Catering Spaces. The McCoy's Community Center Team provides high-quality service and a place to unwind for the Fort McCoy Community.
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
- Assigned other workers instructions and tasks to be performed .
- Assures that safety and sanitation rules are followed by works along with other workers, setting the pace performing non-supervisory work of the same kind as that done by the group led.
- Insures that needed equipment, supplies, and materials are available.
- Checks work in progress and when finished for compliance with supervisor's instructions on work sequence, procedures, methods, and deadlines.
- Demonstrates proper work methods and educate workers by answering questions regarding procedures, policies, and instructions.
- Responsible for scheduling employees. Takes inventory to determine ordering requirement. Responsible for ordering food.
- Obtains needed information or decisions from the supervisor on problems that come up during the work. Provides information to supervisor on status and progress of work, causes of delays, and overall operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or before entrance on duty if after November 22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what documentation is needed and how to request any legally required exceptions from this requirement.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include timelines for receiving required doses, at the following: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Uniforms and name tags are provided and required.
- Must be 18 years of age by appointment date to meet state requirements.
- Seven day operation and shifts will include evenings and weekends. Shift may vary due to mission, Night, Weekends and Holidays may be required.
Work experience doing the duties above.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than NOON (CST) by 01/31/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Pay may be set between the bottom and top of the advertised rate. Credit may be given for NAF time in grade but most new appointees pay will be set at the bottom of the pay rate for each level.
- To better expedite the hiring, include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- This is a mixed job, designed specifically for smaller NAF activities that required flexibility in employee work assignments. May be assigned to other activities based on mission requirements.
- 180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Without a waiver, Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214.
- IAW AR 215-3, 2-5b (15), "Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor."
- Department of the Army Nonapropriated Fund Instrumentalities are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, notify the servicing CPAC NAF HRD. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- An individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who has not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608) 388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of December 22, 2021, and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible may be given first consideration.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- Transition Assistance Card for ISM
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11329739. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
DE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!