Graphic Production Assistant (Marketing) NF-03
This position is located with MWR Support Services Division at Fort McCoy WI.
The Moral Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Marketing office is responsible for the Advertising, Sponsorship, Marketing and Graphic Design for Fort McCoy MWR. The Marketing office is a small team working in a fast-past environment. The candidate must be self-motivated and goal orientated.
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- Designs graphic layouts and produces printed and electronic promotional materials which adhere to branding guidelines.
- Administrates facility and program webpages. Maintains and edits web content on MWR webpage. Maintains electronic digital displays and LED signs.
- Answers phones, greets customers, prepares reports and performs administrative duties and attends meetings.
- Ensures digital media and printed materials are current and professional. Orders and maintains supply levels. Maintains equipment.
- Creates uniform, apparel and promotional designs and assist with procurement.
- Takes photos and maintains a library of digital photos.
- Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Drivers License will be required due to operating government vehicles.
- Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Business operations are Monday-Friday, but is subject to change and will be based on the needs of the activity. Nights, weekends and holidays are required during MWR events.
- Completion of physical examination.
- Knowledge of general marketing, advertising and merchandising.
- Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment required to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to use measuring instruments required to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of materials common to printing and reproduction trade.
- Typing skills (40 wpm).
- 2 years experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver).
- 2 Years experience with web and print design and social media content management.
- Bachelor's Degree in in Graphic Design
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world wide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than NOON CST by 09/30/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- This position is eligible for Situational Telework.
- "Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures for a RFT or RPT position (for example, interview, and so forth) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor."
- To better expedite the hiring, include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- 180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Without a waiver, Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214.
- Department of the Army Nonapropriated Fund Instrumentalities are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, notify the servicing CPAC NAF HRD. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- An individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who has not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process, please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred Criteria maybe referred FIRST to the selecting officials.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50 or Transition Assistance Card.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- Transition Assistance Card for ISM
- PCS Orders
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11651996. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
DE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Applicants are encouraged to apply early in the announcement period to allow themselves ample time for application updates, if warranted. (E.g., to provide missing required documentation such as transcripts, high school diploma, etc. before announcement closes.) After we receive your complete application package your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your resume supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. Applicants may be sent based on cut off dates, the date order of application or other means outlined in the announcement text or in accordance with Army Regulation 215-3. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualification and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.