Recreation Assistant - NF-02 at Rumple Fitness Center
- Assists patrons in the use of the facility and issues recreational equipment. Provides safety instructions and demonstrates the use of equipment as needed.
- Plans, conducts, publicizes and arranges support for special events, social activities, tournaments and related functions.
- Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory as well as receive and resolve customer complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or before entrance on duty if after November 22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what documentation is needed and how to request any legally required exceptions from this requirement.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include timelines for receiving required doses, at the following: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Complete and maintain lifeguard certification within 6 months of employment. The employer will provide the training to obtain this certification.
- Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Shift will vary due to mission; nights, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Work experience which involved dealing with the general public
All answers to the Highly Preferred criteria must be visible in your resume to get credit.
- Possess Lifeguard Certification
- Possess First Aid Certification
- Possess CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) Certification
- Possess Water Safety Instructor Certification
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred criteria may be referred FIRST to the selecting official.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than Noon (CST) by 01/03/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- If at a later time it is determined that the employee will be providing lessons or classes to children. A childcare background check maybe completed to include a health screening.
- 180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: without a waiver Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214.
- To better expedite the hiring, include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- Department of the Army Nonapropriated Fund Instrumentalities are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.
- Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, notify the servicing CPAC NAF HRD. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- An individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who has not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
- This is a mixed job, designed specifically for smaller NAF activities that required flexibility in employee work assignments. May be assigned to other activities based on mission requirements.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements. Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608)388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Announcement will have a first cutoff date of November 1, 2021, and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible may be given first consideration. Additional referral lists maybe issued as vacancies are needed.
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred FIRST to the selecting official.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- Transition Assistance Card (ISM)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11277935. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
DE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!