Recreation Assistant Outdoor Recreation NF-02
This position is located at Outdoor Recreation, Fort McCoy WI.
Fort McCoy operates one of the premier Outdoor Recreation programs in the Army.
Pine View Campground is a large full service campground that includes over 170 campsites and 17 cabins. A well-stocked camp store provides essentials and a wide range of activities are available to guests to include a beach, water sports, fishing, miniature golf, playgrounds, pavilion areas, hiking trails and equipment rental.
THIS JOB IS OPEN TO
Clarification from the agency
Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is world wide: (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.
- Employee will be responsible for answering phones, waiting on customers, handing out equipment,may assist fitting customer with skis and/or snowboards.
- Collects fees, issues, receives, sells or rents merchandise, sports equipment or tools, (such as skis, boots, poles and sleds), and provides facility and program information to patrons.
- Receives returned items, inspecting for obvious damage and missing parts and maintains recreation area, tools and equipment.
- Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- May assists in the kitchen operations snack bar at the Chalet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Pursuant to EO 14043, all Federal employees, regardless of duty location or work arrangement, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 22, 2021, or before entrance on duty if after November 22, subject to exceptions as required by law.
- If selected, the agency will provide information regarding what documentation is needed and how to request any legally required exceptions from this requirement.
- Proof of vaccination will be required. To ensure compliance with this mandate, review the vaccination requirements, to include timelines for receiving required doses, at the following: https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Shift will vary due to mission; nights, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors. Job will consist of working in all weather conditions.
- Work experience which involved dealing with the general public.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than NOON CST by 01/31/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Please include name and contact information for at least two (2) personal and two (2) professional references from your past or current employment in your resume and/or DA Form 3433 application when applying for jobs.
- This is a mixed job, designed specifically for small NAF activities that required flexibility in employee work assignments. May be assigned to other activities based on mission requirements.
- These are Flexible on call positions and employees may work up to 40 hours per week but is based on peak seasons and mission requirements. Flexible positions are not entitled to benefits at this time.
- 180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Without a waiver, Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214.
- Department of the Army Nonapropriated Fund Instrumentalities are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.
- Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, notify the servicing CPAC NAF HRD. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- An individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who has not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
- If you need assistance or have any questions with the application process please contact our office at (608) 388-3773.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Announcement will have a first cut off date of November 23, 2021, and applicants that submit a complete application packet prior to that date and found eligible may be given first consideration. Additional referral lists may be issued as vacancies are needed.
Applicants meeting the qualifications for the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred FIRST to the selecting official.
All required supporting documentation must be submitted at the time of application to receive preference/priority consideration (PCS orders, DD214, SF50, or Transition Assistance Card.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- Transition Assistance Card (ISM)
- PCS Orders
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 11296800. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
NAF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE
DE-NAF-W0XYAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT MCCOY
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!