Front Desk/Night Audit
OVER NIGHT POSITION
- Answering all phone calls promptly and with a style of professionalism and kindness.
- Providing the guest with an exemplary overall experience from check in to check out.
- Demonstrating a commitment to deliver exceptional guest service.
- Balancing and reconciling the accounts for the day
- Answering calls and inquiries related to booking reservations.
- Maintain integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality when handling guest records, cash reports, audit reports, and other guest or hotel information.
- Promote hotel brand loyalty programs, encourage guest participation, and offer special rate packages and upgrades when appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with hotel departments verbally or through hotel communication log to ensure timely and accurate delivery of guest expectations, fulfillment of needs, and challenge resolution.
- Listen to guests and empathize with their challenges. When necessary, solicit guest feedback and act on guests concerns.
- Always maintain professionalism consistent with hotel brand and company expectations.
- Know and communicate hotel emergency procedures; inform and assist guests in emergencies.
- If applicable, maintain balance and security of house bank and accurately log all transactions.
- Welcome arriving guests and complete the hotel’s arrival/check-in experience, ensuring special requests are fulfilled and accurate information is received.
- Thank departing guests, verify accurate billing, and encourage return visits.
- Effectively engage with guests through phone or electronic communication consistent with hotel brand standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Greets, registers, suggestively sells rooms, issues room keys, assigns rooms to guests and sets wake up calls in a efficient, warm and friendly manner.
- Ensures guest safety by following established security procedures including fire/tornado procedures, key security and guest privacy.
- Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail, faxes and messages.
- Records and communicates guest special requests and problems to appropriate department and ensures they are addressed in a timely and acceptable manner.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and local attractions and provides travel directions.
- Accurately checks out guests and communicates departures with housekeeping staff.
- Accurately computes bill, collects payment, makes change for guests and makes deposits according to KHC cash handling procedures.
- Makes, confirms and cancels reservations via telephone, computer and in writing.
- Answers and routes internal and external phone calls in an articulate, friendly manner using prescribed procedures.
- Maintains the shift-to-shift log accurately to ensure proper communication between shifts is maintained.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the hotel lobby and front desk area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All State and City Covid guidelines are followed