CDL Yard Driver
We are hiring a full-time CDL Yard Driver who is hardworking, positive and outgoing. Our first priority is seeing to the needs of our customers in the lumber yard. All American values courteous team members who can help the customer locate the product(s) they need and then load them up promptly and safely. The CDL Yard Driver is responsible for delivering products to our customers in a safety and productive manner.
This is a physically demanding job that requires heaving lifting up to 100 lbs., involves repetitive movements, and standing for long periods of time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Load/Deliver/Unload customer loads using boom truck
- Loading/unloading delivery vehicles
- Keeping product rotated and stocked
- Shipping and receiving
- Good housekeeping
- Provide excellent customer service
- Help customers find the location of products
- Answer customers’ questions and provide information on company policies
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- This position reports to the General Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- CDL is required.
- Prefer to have at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Must be willing to attain Articulating Boom Crane and Loader Certification
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Physical required
- Must have a clean driving record
- Skills- Problem solver, detail-oriented, outstanding customer service skills, excellent communication skills, ability to handle physical workload, and actively looks for ways to help people.
- Full-Time Team Members are eligible for the following benefits: Two health insurance plans including HSA and FSA options, 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Accident Supplemental Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, and Paid Time Off.
- All Team Members are eligible for a store discount on purchases and rentals.
- No night or weekend shifts required.
- Based on experience
- Starting at $20.00 for new CDL drivers.
- Locally owned and operated All American Do It Center supplies high quality lumber and building materials, tools, and hardware supplies for homeowners and contractors. All American has been in business since 1980 because of the quality people we hire and the unmatched services we provide. We want our team members to feel valued so we care about our team members just as we care about our customers.